Re: Drum Jiggling WAS RE: Copyrights and darned little LBC

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Drum Jiggling WAS RE: Copyrights and darned little LBC
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:52:54 -0500
(That's one of the other things about this list, people are opinionated,
but generally don't get bent out of shape when someone else says "nope"
and can show it.)

Back to LBC stuff.  Somehow "jiggling" a 50 gallon drum filled with
liquid, at 7-8 pounds a gallon, even if it's only half full, sounds like
a recipe for hurting yourself.  We had a similar need to "agitate" stuff
in a big drum when I was first working in a small machine-tool shop, and
we set the barrel (vertically, open end up) on a heavy duty lazy-susan
and gave it a half-turn in either direction every 15 minutes or so.

Worked like a charm, and even I (at a then 155 very skinny pounds) could
manage it.

Chris K.

Wiedemeyer wrote:

> Oops!  I didn't know about that 17 USC Section 107 rule on copyrights.  Now
> don't I feel like quite the fool!!  Sorry, y'all.
>
> Rich, I got the Zep stuff that you recommended....I believe it was Zep 9878,
> 125 lbs.  I'm still trying to find some kind of a container to mix and keep it
> in, which will probably be a 50 gallon barrel.  I will then want to make some
> kind of a screened thing to put the parts in that I can then lower into the
> solution.  I am going to do it "cold" rather than heat up the mixture, and
> I'll jiggle the barrel every few hours to mix it up a little.  Thanks for your
> help with all this, by the way.

///