Storing spare parts

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Storing spare parts
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:40:03 -0800
Hey listers,
I bought a spare axle shaft (Frank said in a post last year, we all should
have one) for my '62 a coupla months ago.  I just stuck it away.  It was in
the way recently, so  I brought it out of hiding and noticed it was getting
some surface rust on it.  This got me to thinking....  My wife had the fire
extinguisher handy for the brain heat up....

What is a good way to store these types of all metal parts for future use so
they will be ready to use when needed?

I just cleaned it up and put a light coat of white general purpose grease
all over it and wrapped it up with shrink wrap type clear clingy stuff to
seal it up.  Spose this is OK?
Cheers,
David L. Vrba
'62 Sprite MKII