Re: Rear Springs for a Bugeye

To: Maclean Mike <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Springs for a Bugeye
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:03:38 -0800
Mike,

I just this week finished refurbishing and installing a pair of springs on
my Bugeye (borrowed from my other car), because one of my racing springs
cracked.

Since these were off the car for some time, I don't know which side was
which, but the car is level side to side.

>From everything I've ever heard from other listers, repro springs don't
hold up very well (a year maybe) before they start to sag. The consensus
has always been, re-arching is best, or have a good spring shop reproduce
them. You might want to try swapping sides and see if that does the trick
first.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -