Re: Jap Cars and Midget Problems!

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jap Cars and Midget Problems!
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:59:38 -0500
I had a similar problem once.  I think that it turned out to be vapour lock.
I'll never know, I guess.

The circumstances that lead up to it were that I had filled the gas tank up
to the brim and then parked it in the hot sun for the day while I worked.
When I came out, there was gas on the ground and it was evident that it had
overflowed over the filler neck.  I felt fortunate that no-one had thrown a
cigarette butt in that general direction.  The car started better than it
ever had and I motored out of the lot, down the feeder road merged into
traffic and ... duh ... dead.  Just like yours, no sputter or warning of any
kind.  I started pulling things off and checking them, found nothing wrong
and 15 minutes later it started again.

And, it never happened again.  Although, it has been difficult to start at
times, if I shut it off hot ( get the vanilla ice cream :) ) and jump back
in and start it again.

Robert D.