Re: Engine pulling

Subject: Re: Engine pulling
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 08:54:04 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Guys,

I agree with Crash.  Get an engine stand, It makes all the difference in
the world when working on an engine.  It is easier to hold while
tightening a torque wrench, cleaner because when you stop working,
looking for the missing part, you can cover the engine with a plastic
bag.  Painting is easy turn the engine upside down and it is completely
painted.  No missed spots to rust.  For the paint prep, wheel it out
side and spray it down with thinner.  Once you have used a stand you
won't want to work on a bench again.  Try the vizzard's pipe mount too.
  You can even mount the clutch, torque it right on the stand.  I think
they are under a hundred dollars and it is well worth every penny.

Rick

David Ramsey wrote:

> Paul, Buy the cheapest stand at Harbor Freight, then get a 2 ft piece of
> pipe that fits in it and weld a flat piece of 1/8" steel on the end that you
> can mount to the rear generator/alternator mount holes.

///