Californians & Energy - Response [shorter yet, but more lbc]

To: ckotting@core.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Californians & Energy - Response [shorter yet, but more lbc]
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 08:38:25 -0500
Chris:

> Indeed it did ...  allow me 3 (well three and a
> half) observations that sum it all up: ...

Well, OK, but you have to admit the sarcasm was more fun.

As an adjunct question, if neighboring producers are already operating at
an optimum level and would have to fire up their auxiliary generators to
be able to produce more power, wouldn't the additional energy be more
expensive from a production standpoint?  (In other words, because it
isn't 'extra power' but has to be produced outside normal demand and
facilities, it's more expensive).  And if it is more expensive to
produce, outside of supply and demand, shouldn't it cost more to buy?

A final thought:  Does California really think that the rest of the
country is just stockpiling electricity?  I mean, this isn't stuff you
can stick in a warehouse, or stuff in a closet.  "Quick, Martha, hide the
batteries -- them 'tourists' have California plates...."

Hope you find the leak:  I finally found a small leak on Miss Molly the
'79 RB Midget.  It was on the bottom of the hose leading from the pipe
under the intake to the heater valve; a pinhole just ahead of the clamp.
When hot, pressure would allow coolant to escape, but would close off as
it cooled.  Drove me nuts.

Now, will someone please take a long meaningless drive to nowhere, top
down in their LBC?  I'm stuck in the office all weekend writing briefs,
and have to live vicariously....

Rich
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

///