Re: Californians & Energy - Response

To: Chris Kotting <ckotting@core.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Californians & Energy - Response
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 08:49:09 -0700
> Look, California.  It's nothing personal, but *you* made the decisions
> which for years have built to this result.  We're willing to help, but
> quit blaming everybody else.

1.  I live here and I voted against deregulation.  It was a bad thing to
break up the Bells, it was a bad thing to break up PG&E.
2.  We would have built power plants if there wasn't a FEDERAL ENDANGERED
SPECIES ACT.  Seems every single vacant piece of land in this state has some
kind of endangered pest or weed living on it.  We've been trying to find a
site big enough to build a completely funded new highschool in the town I
live in, but between Fairy Shrimp and Meadow Foam, they can't find a
suitable parcel.

LBC content:  It has been beautiful here, in the low to mid 70's, cool
evenings in the upper 60's.  Took the Midget out the last couple of nights
and it was great.  Got to work today, hope the SWAG group has fun.  My local
club is also having a run today, but I won't be able to make it either.
<sigh>
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon