Re: 1500 Camshaft Offset keys

To: Chris Kotting <ckotting@core.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 Camshaft Offset keys
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 12:03:36 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well the engine is in a garage of a friend and about 30 minutes from my
house. And the Midget is my only car, show when the transplant starts, it
has to finish in the same day or at best the next. I can't get time off from
work this month. He is out of town this weekend, then Easter, then the
Rallye, finally the 28th it goes in!!

That was probably more than you wanted to hear too ;-)

Larry

At this exact moment in time 4/3/01 8:10 AM, "Chris Kotting"
<ckotting@core.com> made the profound statement:

> Larry -
>
> True enough.  Ted definitely knows his stuff, particularly about
> Triumphs and Triumph engines.  I'm fortunate enough to be in the same
> state, so I can run up there when I really need something.
>
> What, you mean you can't get an engine reinstalled in 20 days?!?  Who
> says you need a weekend?  I did one in about 10 days, working about 30
> minutes at a time, whenever I was home and could squeeze it in.
>
> Alright, everybody, let's cheer Larry on!
>
> Chris K.
>
> "Larry B. Macy" wrote:
>>
>> Well I just got off the phone with my buddy and armed with the knowledge
>> that he should use the #2 valve to check the cam timing I am amazed to say
>> that the cam is spot on. I was given the info, from Ted Schumacher, that the
>> timing should open the intake 6 degrees BTDC. Well it turns out that the
>> timing, as installed with the stock timing marks is, ta da, 6 degrees BTDC.
>> My hat is off to Ted for doing such a bang up job on the cam regrind.
>>
>> For those that are interested this is the TSI275-4 cam regrind from Ted
>> Schumacher at TS Imported Automotive (http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/).
>>
>> Now all I gotta do is get a weekend to stuff the new motor in the Midget. I
>> had hoped to get it ready before the Spring MG vs TR Rallye, but it just
>> ain't gonna happen.
>>
>> If anyone is interested, the Rallye is the 22nd of April. I am not sure
>> right now where it starts but it will be near Philly someplace. All are
>> invited, but only Philly MG Club and Del Val TR club members can win the
>> Lucas Cup (Which is in my home at the moment and hopefully will be there
>> again on the 23rd).
>>
>> Larry

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu