Re: Car body numbers

To: "ryan marro" <ryan_marro@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car body numbers
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:24:42 -0700
Ryan,

If I'm not mistaken, all Bugeyes would have a left door number starting
with a 5, as in AN5. In fact the left door plate should have the "AN"
prefix there too. The rest of the number does seem high compared to our
chassis number though, as I think they are usually somewhat close (within
500-800, if you can call that close). Are you sure your reading both
numbers correctly? Sometimes the chassis number plates are hard to read.
The left door number is not significant for tracing purposes, but the right
one is. It should start "BAE". What is your BAE (right door plate) number?

Gerard

At 11:06 PM -0700 4/3/01, ryan marro wrote:
>List,
>Should my car, a 1960 Bugeye, AN5L23245, have a number like AN  543591
>stamped into a plate on the front of the door opening on the left side?  or
>has someone done something funny over the years?
>Ryan

Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux