Re: Drilling Axles for larger 7/16 inch studs

To: "John Holliday" <fprodget@yahoo.com>, "Bob Spruck" <bspruck@mindspring.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Drilling Axles for larger 7/16 inch studs
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 07:48:35 -0700
>I drilled out the hole a 64th of an inch at a time up to final size of
29/64ths. I only used light pressure to cut through >the axle. The drill
bits were only high speed steel, nothing exotic. I used motor oil as cutting
oil to lubricate the bit. >Cutting oil is much better, but I did not have
any. This process was tedious but worked.

Try WD-40 It will help cool the bit as well as lubricate and you can apply
as you drill.

Paul Van Wig
Long Beach, CA
60 Bugeye