Re: More trouble

To: bmantz@roanoke.infi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More trouble
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:05:59 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/2001 9:20:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bmantz@roanoke.infi.net writes:

> Now the 71 Midgets dead. Went to start it and it turned over,then the
> electrical power was suddenly gone. Checked the battery, and it's fine. If
> you turn the key to the accessory position, the radio light comes on but
> isn't as bright as usual, or starts out bright and fades. Turn the key
> forward and nothing comes on. Solenoid doesn't even click. All fuses check
> out good. Electricity certainly isn't my strong suit. If I had to make a
> guess, I would guess voltage regulator, but have no idea how to check it.
> Suggestions?

Check the negative cable of the battery, and the ground connection.  Also the
ground strap that runs from the negative cable/body connection to the engine.
 Sounds like the ground connections need to be checked out.  Also, take all
the fuses out and rub their ends on your blue jeans or with a fine piece of
steel wool to remove any corrosion and replace them.

--David C.

///