Valve query

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Valve query
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:08:31 -0500
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Listers,
        Just had to find an intake valve for a local racer. Valve was for a 948
with the large valve head (1.156"), but used the later 1275 type
collets/keepers. It appears that the 1275 Exhaust valve is useable for this
as it has the correct dimensions and keeper. Any reason not to use a 1275
exhaust valve for a 948 intake application? My thinking is that the
materials would be OK (I wouldn't do the reverse using intake for exhaust).
        Opinions?  Thanks.   Peter C

///