Re: Shipping Q, LBC part

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shipping Q, LBC part
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:07:00 -0700
UPS normal ground or air shipping maximum weight on a single package is
150 lbs.  Any
weight above that will be accepted, but it has to go by UPS SonicAir
Best
Flight.  Some idea of the charges, like a 150 lb package is about $350
to $435.
They have rates available to even charter the whole plane!!!!!

Want to ship a Spridget to China for duplicating!!!!  Can be done,
Frank!!!!  LOL

However, they will take odd size packages that have some protection pads
on
strategic places at only slight extra charges and they can go by ground,
the
cheapest method.  Also oversize length and girth exceeding 108 inches
but under 130inches, goes
oversize 2, and not exceeding 108 goes oversize 1 with minimum weight
charges of
70lbs and 30lbs.

Take the roll bar to a UPS customer counter and see what you might have
to do to it for them to ship it.  Funny things,  tire OK without
wrapping.  Tire on rim needs to be boxed.  Wooden box is an extra charge
item, might damage other item they say.

Paul A

DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/19/2001 6:53:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> davidmiles@networksplus.net writes:
>
> > I shipped a cement mixer once, and an engine stand another time,
both
> > UPS.  Both times the guy just put a tag on it with address etc.  No
> > wrapping or whatever.  I don't remember how much it cost, but it
> > definitely was the cheapest route for me.  Hope this helps,
> >

> UPS limit is 250 lb.  I just bought an engine and the guy who I bought
it
> from tried UPS but they wouldnt haul it because it weighed in excess
of 250
> lb.
>
> --David C.

///