Windblocker Information......

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Windblocker Information......
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 23:04:59 -0700
We are not using this windblocker, but the site is very interesting .......
http://www.eunos.com/keith/windblok.html

This is the link to the "reviews" --
http://www.miata.net/products/wb/windblock.html

This "review" is the one we particularly enjoyed reading...... it is on the
website, so I feel comfortable "quoting" it -- enjoy!

Reviewed by: Al Corelli
Ultimate wind blocking device
When I first saw the Keith Tanner Windblocker (KTW), I have to admit I was
skeptical as to if it would block wind as well as the factory unit that was
on my '89 RX-7. When that thing was up, the passenger compartment in the
RX-7 became calm and almost tranquil. Even at speed. High speed.
The first thing I did before I installed the KTW on my Miata, was run some
preliminary tests to give me a baseline for my seat of the pants
measurements. I checked at speed with the windows up and down. I also tried
just the passenger side window up halfway. This particular method always
proved to be the best for me in the past.
The results concluded that no matter what I did, there was always wind
coming from the rear between the seats at speed. And I couldn't hear the
stock headrest speakers at any speed above 50 mph on the highway.
So, I unwrapped the KTW and began installing the unit on my car. Even
though it came without instructions, installation was, quite literally, a
snap. At first I thought the lack of instructions was accidental, but there
is absolutely no need for them. The KTW just uses three of the top boot's
carpet mounted snaps to attach on the bottom, and two nylon cinch straps to
wrap around the upper part of each seat under the speakers. Simple,
effective, very cool.
The first test was the "city" test. The KTW proved its worth in around town
driving by not allowing the bass from the stock headrest speakers to be
lost. It also noticably reduced the amount of traffic noise admitted while
driving and at stoplights. And it is a really neat place to display my
Miata.Net and UMN stickers (Club M soon).
On the highway, the KTW proved itself yet again. The wind noise and
buffeting were severely reduced. I could actually hear the suggestions of
my favorite passenger at 80 mph. ("Please, slow down") After further
testing at 105 mph, I could still hear her telling me to slow down ("Slow
Down you SOB"), although this time it was in a slightly louder voice. All
this time I was still able to hear the headrest speakers. At somewhere near
100 and something mph, all I could feel was a smacking sensation on my
face. This proved later to be a red mark the same size and shape as Gail's
hand. Imagine that.

///