Re[2]: the big mini bleed!

To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re[2]: the big mini bleed!
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 23:17:03 -0400
Cc: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Geoff,

Saturday, April 21, 2001, 10:41:19 PM, you wrote:

GB> Yeah, probably, but the problem with the mini is that the reservoir holds
about
GB> a mouthful.  So just when you're getting all the air out, you run out of
fluid
GB> in the reservoir and are back to ground zero.  So my plan is to fill a quart
GB> mason jar, pipe it to a stopper in the MC and pressurize the hole mess.
Then I
GB> can watch the mason jar to see when the fluid is going down.  The gizmo is
in
GB> the garage now with the RTD drying; tomorrow is the big test.  I'll let you
GB> know.
GB> Did the race mini have a servo?

How about a simpler solution.  Take a piece of wood and drill a hole
in the wood.  Now place a funnel in the hole. Remove the cap from the
MC an place the whole contraption on the MC.  Now fill the funnel.  It
will work just like the office water cooler.  Now all you have to do
is keep the funnel full.  Now when you are done you can drop a big
ball bearing into the funnel to plug the bottom and then you can lift
out the contraption without making a mess.

 \       /
  \     /
   \   /  <-- funnel
    \ /
    | |
    | |
===========  <-- wood with hole
 |  | |  |
 |       |
 ---------

 You could get fancy and use a rubber hose through the hole in the
 wood and then you could clamp off the hose to stop the fluid when you
 lift out the funnel and wood.  YMMV.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net