Head Nuts and Washers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Head Nuts and Washers
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:20:14 EDT
Can anyone tell me whether a commonly used head nut, like for a Chevy, Ford,
etc. will work on a 1500 engine?  Or another usage nut, like a rod nut?  I
have new head studs but the place didn't have the matching nuts and washers.
If I could match up an American car usage I might be able to get some at NAPA
or Advance or somewhere like that.  Aren't they specially hardened highnuts?
( I know that will get a response from Allen!  LOL--Shut up Allen)

Thanks!

--David C.

///