Re: Head Nuts and Washers

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Subject: Re: Head Nuts and Washers
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:18:55 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David,  The head nuts on a Chevy or Ford won't work as they don't have them.
They both use bolts.  The A series engines use 3/8" NF SAE grade 8 nuts.  A
good replacement is the rod nuts on a Chevy small block.  Any grade 8 NF SAE
nut will work if the 1500 isn't 3/8".  Also use new grade 8 washers.
Doesn't ARP make a head set for the 1500?
        Crash

>Can anyone tell me whether a commonly used head nut, like for a Chevy,
Ford,
>etc. will work on a 1500 engine?  Or another usage nut, like a rod nut

///