Shelby Sprite

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Shelby Sprite
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:36:35 EDT
I knew Carroll Shelby was our kind of guy!!

Just uploaded (Bugeye@yahoogroups.com) a photo of Carroll Shelby in front of
the cars he used at his Racing School (in 1961) in Venice - a Formula Jr.
racer, an Austin Healey Sprite (Bugeye), a Shelby Cobra (what else!) and a
Ferrari. The man had taste!

Think what things would be like if Shelby had made of deal with Austin Healey
for chassises & bodies instead of AC!! Shelby & Donald Healey had teamed
together in '54 for speed records at Bonneville, and he raced a AH at the
Carrera Panamericana in Mexico that same year.

I wonder if its possible to trace the current status of any Bugeyes touched
by Shelby? It would interesting to know how they were tuned for his race
school.

FYI & Credits - photo & information is from "Style & Speed" by Rob Leicester
Wagner.

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano CA
59 Bugeye (Hmm, ... will that spare 427 fit?)

///