Re: headrest question

To: piper@papillon.its.yale.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: headrest question
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:30:08 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/01 12:30:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
piper@papillon.its.yale.edu writes:

> Howdy ya'll,
> I am thinking of covering the rather worn seats in my 74 Midget with a
> fitted sheepskin kit. The first problem I see in doing this is the somewhat
> larger headrest. Although the covers might fit better if I simply removed
> the headrest, I can't see how this is done. Can the headrest stems be
> pulled completely out of the seat without taking the seat apart? Or maybe
> this is just a bad idea. Is there a supplier for these covers that has a
> design that will accommodate the headrest ? Thanks for your advice.
>
> Piper

Piper,

I took the headrests off my 74, but then replaced the seats with early (63?
Crash?) seats.  To remove the seatbelts, first lower the top, then standing
in seat, facing rear, grab headrest with both hands and jerk sharply upward!

This worked on the driver side, but not on the passenger.  I had to cut the
vinyl open on the passenger side to get that one off.

Good luck!

RH

///