Re: Murphy's Law

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Murphy's Law
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:30:36 -0700
Thanks to everyone that responded to my tachometer problem.  Some people
offered good advice and I even got an offer to borrow a tach from Crash
sent next day air!  The problem is solved, for now.  I compared the
drive cable I got from M*** to the old original one that came with the
car.  The end of the shaft that goes into the instrument was too long.
I simply cut off a little with the Dremel cutoff wheel.  That did still
not stop the noise, so I opened the tachometer.  A bushing inside just
behind the cable was making a noise like it was dry, which it was.  A
few drops of Kano Instrument Oil (another item sourced through this
list) stopped the noise!  This proves yet again what a great group we
have here.  Worth more than any out of print maintenance manual.
Thanks Again,
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite

///