Tuesday drive

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tuesday drive
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 23:11:37 -0400
Well, I was driving a lot on Sunday, but it was the minivan. Got in my
Midget kicks today. Actually my most substantial drive to date! I usually
work at home, but I had to go to the office today, and it was so nice out I
decided to take the Midget. Still had the hardtop on since I don't have the
new hood installed, but I yanked the hardtop just to run around today! Glad
I did! Running sweet, zipping along doing 65-70, looking up into the
wheelwells of passing SUVs and pickups. Took a more leisurely route back
home from the office, really nice.

Looking forward to getting the new top on and putting the passenger seat
back in too - still out after installing new carpet. Can't believe how much
quieter it is with carpetting - it hasn't had any since I bought it last
fall.

Can't get the grin off my face. ;-)

Also picked up a couple of dashes (one padded and one metal) and a pile of
other misc. parts at Motorhead. Their used part deals aren't quite as good
as promised (token dollar my butt!) but still a decent deal all in all.
Probably my poor bartering skills too - I HATE negotiating prices. Anyway
I'm going to strip the padding off and see what's there and then decide what
I want to do. May go the route Toby mentioned and see about somehow
combining the two or something to get the look basic of the metal dash with
the fit of the padded one. Not in a big rush to do that, just something I'm
going to fiddle with over the summer.

Eddie
1971 Midget

///