Re: Carlisle

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Carlisle
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 22:29:03 -0400
Cc: Spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Normally I'd say the show is absolutely worth staying for.  I'm a little
hesitant
for it this year though due to some things that happened last year.  Namely, the
decision to change the show date to September, and split it up from the kids
with
the japanese cars and stereo systems, leaving them the spring time date.  Lots
of
outcry and teeth nashing.  Carlisle relented, and the show was once again
rescheduled for the spring.  However, lots of magazines and clubs are still
listing the September date, refusing to correct it, so there's going to be
hundreds, if not thousands, of people who are going to miss it this year because
they don't know it's happening in two weeks.  They'll show up in September for a
show that isn't happening.  Also, many of the vendors I spoke to last year said
this was the final straw for them, and that they wouldn't be coming back.  We'll
see.  I do know that the vendor attendance has been steadily going down, and the
car entries are to the point of being negligible.

But, if you're in the area, yes I think it would be worth going to.  I'll be
there.  My cars are going to be in the show field.