Re: Carlisle

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Carlisle
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 23:09:09 -0400
Cc: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@mediaone.net>, Spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Nolan Penney wrote:

> Normally I'd say the show is absolutely worth staying for.  I'm a little
>hesitant
> for it this year though due to some things that happened last year.  Namely,
>the
> decision to change the show date to September, and split it up from the kids
>with
> the japanese cars and stereo systems,

FWIW, my kids just got back from Carlisle Power Jam weekend, basically
they said it sucked.
No used parts vendors, not nearly as nice as when it was included with
the (our) import meet.
Both are going back with me (but in LBCs) May 18th.
They said it just wasn't "Carlisle" with out all the "regulars"
Just think, this year there will be no boom boom from the far field
stereos. No weekend long thunder. No kids scraping their bumpers on the
pavement. Rooms at the motels!

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ