Re: PA Spridget Rally

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PA Spridget Rally
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 19:11:22 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/2001 10:10:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Ajhsys@aol.com
writes:

> Just a quick word here, since I am a rally guy and I sorta won last year's
> PA
> Rally, Kevin put on a GREAT DAY last year.  It was almost like the list
> came
> alive for the day.  We all met for breakfast, ran the rally, and then went
> back to Kev's deck with the 10 cent soda machine filled with beer.  The
> best
> people in the world, without a doubt.
>
> If you are anywhere near Tamaqua, PA (that is, within 7 or 8 states) be
> sure
> to be there.
>
> And Kevin, there are expenses involved with putting on a rally.  Loads of
> gas
> at the new, higher prices, just to pre-check the route several times, and
> the
> cost of photo copies, postage, etc.  I am offering once again, to pay a
> token
> amount to cover the expenses.  Why won't you let us each chip in $5?
> Somebody please bring a hat and we will take up a collection.  I'm serious.

As  last year's award winner for the one who traveled the farthest to get
there, I can vouch for everything Allen said about the PA rally, and it was
worth every mile to get there from Tennessee.  I will look forward to winning
that coveted honor again this year.  <G>

And I also agree with the chipping in of participants to help with the
expenses of the meet.  Kevin is one of the most gratious people I have ever
met and is completely willing to do this on his own, but darn it Kev, this is
too much fun to have for free, guy!  I think the $5 hat is a grande idea.
You put enough time into this without even mentioning the money outlay.

Sooooo. . .I'm wonderin' if any further-away guys are gonna challenge my
rights to the traveled the furthest cup?  Hey Frank, they can't be "OFFICIAL"
Badge-wearing, card-carrying members of the "WE CHEAP" club without being
inducted at the PA Rally can they?

--David C.