Re: Oil leak: Real one

To: "David Riker" <davriker@pacbell.net>, <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil leak: Real one
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 07:45:55 -0400
Leave it to guy with a '63 Falcon!  I had a Futura, great car.  Real metal.
The cover bolts aren't stripped.  The seal was from "over there", the other way.
But I did put the cover on first, then the pulley, (it's in the Mini and is
tight to impossible to get the cover bolts tightened after the pulley is on)and
it seemed like a bad idea at the time for the very reason you're talking about,
David.  So in we go
again....but the questions still remains:  RTV or not to RTV?  I'm thinking yes.
But my A&P training remembers the admonishement from the FAA that all gaskets go
in dry.

Geoff Branch '74 Meejit '72 Innocenti Mini