Fw: Oil leak: Real one

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Oil leak: Real one
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 08:51:24 -0400
I would use a commercially available gasket sealer. Any auto parts house
will carry brand names. RTV is just that, Room Temperature Vulcanizing
silicone. When you squish it in between to pieces of metal, it does not
always thoroughly cure.

The FAA is under the impression that the mating surfaces on aircraft engine
parts are perfectly machined. Aircraft engines (air cooled) also run at
higher temperatures than automotive engines so the expansion rates are
different. Possibly, they seal better and do not need a sealer.

My two cents,
Kent

Subject: Re: Oil leak: Real one