Hot Bugeye !!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot Bugeye !!!
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:56:53 -0600 (MDT)
I imported my Bugeye (948cc) from UK to Colorado
last month. I had it tuned to meet the emissions
standards.

Ever since it has run hot in the UK it used be
about 175-180 on the gauge (as I remember it
by the "in" in made in england on the bottom
of the gauge;-)

Now it consistenty runs at 190+, okay so its abit
warmer out here and 5600ft higher elevation but
is there a real problem ? Would tuning it make this
difference.

I'm flushed out the rad and the guy who tuned it
said he had to advance the iginition to +5 from
-10.

It used to run hot about 5 years ago so I replaced
the rad, water pump, and got it tuned (that was
when the iginition was retarded) and it ran the best it
had ever done. But I never knew which of the 3 changes
fixed the problem.

Sorry I understand computers and eletrics but never
got to grips with the little A series with twin Su's

Help !!!

Robert