Re: Hot Bugeye !!!

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Bugeye !!!
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:30:28 -0600 (MDT)
> There is a whole variety of things you can do to drop the coolant temperature
> of a Spridget.  The one that seems to have the most dramatic effect is
> replacing the thermostat with a blanking sleeve AND blanking off the bypass.
> I fail to understand why so few people adopt this approach because not only
> is it one of the simplest and cheapest it only takes half an hour to swap
> back to standard assuming you ever really want to.
>
> Daniel1312

Daniel,

Without the car infront of me in the office ;-), I'm trying to work
out what this will do. Removing the thermostat I assume will increase
the flow of water as this is a restriction even when opened. Ideas
on how to get the thermostat housing off would be welcome, because
I tried when I was flushing out the rad, and its stuck on its 3 studs.

The bypass hose comes off the entry to the water pump - so not sure what
that will do by blocking it off, increase flow by pump ?

I notice Moss sells a Water Wetter solution meant to cool engines by
15 degrees, does this work, rather fix the problem though than the sympton.

Thanks for your help

Robert