Re: Wheels??

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheels??
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:26:41 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/2001 3:55:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:

> However I am not sure I have ever seen a Spridget with the Minilite
> replicas.

Larry:

I have seen the Minilite wheels (or replicas, I am not sure which) on a few
Spridgets and really like the look, personally.  I also love the look of
wires, but I am aware of the maintenance problems of keeping Wire wheels up.
Have you thought about maybe going with the Minilights and glass beading and
painting the wires to keep for use when you want to run wires?  I had a Big
Healey back in the '60's with painted wires and it looked great.  Yeah,
yeah--you would have to change hubs whenever you wanted to change wheels, but
you would have the wires whenever you wanted that wire look.  And the
Minilights for better cornering, less maintenance, and everyday driving.

My personal choice if I were to just choose one?  Minilights.  I assume the
replicas look and perform about the same?

--David C.