Re: Looking for a part

To: "Eddie Sheffield" <esheffield@prizmail.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for a part
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 07:46:00 +0100
I filed off the end of one and ran a die down it to accept the thread of a
fork end from some old aeroplane parts.  Got it brazed up.  Works even now
after 5+ years.  948 forks are different due to the pivot point being spaced
differently between the cylinder and the release bearing.  Swapped a handful
of mine last week for a new copy of the Stapleton book (very good).  Morris
Minor (RHD, don't know about LHD) arms are the correct length but you'll
need to do the brazing thing to them as they have the different outer end.