Re: Ribcase Rebuild Manuals

To: John Holliday <fprodget@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Ribcase Rebuild Manuals
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:11:50 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
John Holliday wrote:

> As from my description from the Carlisle event, I am
> going to put a new 2nd gear syncro in my ribcase. I
> have a Haynes manual and a Robert Bentley Manual "The
> Complete Official 1275cc Sprite/Midget 1967-1974). Are
> there better sources of information that will walk me
> through the disassembly and reassembly process.

Use both books, be extra careful when reinstalling the interlock balls,
there is a bit of a gray area in Haynes, Bentley is pretty vague too.
I use both along with the Ken Ball. Ball explains it very well.
Watch that first gear notch and peg, do not flip the cones around 180 or
else. It's not hard but do read both books and refer to them on dis and
reassembly.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ