counterfeit brakes part 2

To: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: counterfeit brakes part 2
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 19:49:15 +0100
Got a letter back from that company (naming no names, so let's just call it
Moose Motors) after 6 months.
Went like this........

.......For the avoidance of doubt, we supply Brake Shoes from more than one
source under the part number GBS834AF but all are made by original suppliers
to Unipart or made to the same standard.  We are not claiming that our part
number represents a Lucas manufactured product.

Yours Sincerely

Moose Motors

Now, my question is.........if they are not claiming that it was a Lucas
part that they shipped, then why was it in a green box that was nearly
identical to a real Lucas box, marked with the name Lucas on the outside.
If it wasn't for the fact that the shoe material was delaminating, the
material not laid straight on the metal, the glue seeping out, the ends cut
off with pinking shears etc etc etc  then I would have believed it was the
real thing.

What a load of Bollocks!!!