Re: Explosion at Tailpipe

To: chuck <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Explosion at Tailpipe
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:49:48 -0400
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
chuck wrote:

> I get one mildly load POP! apparently from the tailpipe. Starts fine
> and runs great.
>
> Whassup?

My best guess would be excess fuel leaking into the intake once you stop
the engine. On start up, that extra fuel in the engine sort of explodes.
Webers are good at this, SUs rarely but not out of the question.
Too high a float level will cause fuel to weep into the carbs.
Or parking on hill can do it too.
If SUs, raise the needle just a bit and see if fuel is leaking past the
needle.
If someone knows how to cure a DCOE of this, please let me know.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ