Re: negative camber questions

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: negative camber questions
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:04:53 -0700 (PDT)
I raced a bugeye in the 70's and autocrossed a midget
in e prepared and used a 1/2 inch spacer under the
shocks. I do not remember the exact camber but it was
around 1 degree negative. You will need to find longer
grade eight bolts for the shocks. When you shorten the
springs, you will also get some more negative camber
as well. I would not go much past 1 degree negative
for the street as the car will start to dart side to
side with grooves and crowns in the road surface. I
also used either straight ahead toe or even 1/16 toe
out. It really lets the car turn in quickly when
cornering. You need to to have solid bushings to use
toe out, or the front end will toe out even more under
hard braking making the car a handful to control. Are
located anywhere near Lancaster PA. I am starting some
autocrossing after a quick tranny rebuild next
weekend.

John Holliday
67 Fproduction Street Sprite