negative camber questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: negative camber questions
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:39:11 -0400
Sorry if this gets posted twice, but my mail server crashed last night and I
don't know if this came through
---------------------- Forwarded by Tommy Samuels/MARKIVAUTO/US on 05/29/2001
12:37 PM ---------------------------

Tommy Samuels
05/28/2001 08:59 PM

To:   spridgets@autox.team.net
cc:

I thought I should ask the experts before I put the front end on my '67 Sprite
back together
I have read several articles about improving the handling by lowering the front
end approx 1/2 -3/4 inch
and putting spacers under the shocks to get about 1degree of negative camber.
Are these changes that will make a noticable difference?
Does it increase wear on the front end a lot?
How many shims or how much space under the shocks?
I am planning on a fast street car and very occasional parking lot racring
I have the car totally apart so now's the best time to make changes.

All responses are greatly appreciated