ATT TEXAS LISTERS!!!!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: ATT TEXAS LISTERS!!!!
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:48:12 -0500
For those not aware!!!  I was watching the news on Tuesday morning prior
to going to work and saw that the Texas Legislature has just passed a
bill to charge $200 to all out of state title transfers to the state of
Texas. I have been sitting on my Bugeye Miss. title till it was up and
running. It will now be cheaper to rush down and Texas register it as a
Non-Op car and save the $200 later. If anyone else is in a similar
situation, run, don't walk to your tax assessor and get your titles out
of state titles sorted out, A.S.A.F.P.!!! I am curious as to how long
this will last, I understand from a friend that lived in Florida in the
90's that this was done there as well and after 3 years it was ruled
unconstitutional and the money had to be refunded. Of course the state
of Florida had 3 years of interest free loans so it couldn't have been
that tough on them. I mean, what the f#$k, Kalifornia hasn't done this
yet!! Usually they lead the nation in the crappy laws, they start it and
then the rest of the states follow. Remember emissions control, also the
inspection for the stuff to still be there?? I know there is more stupid
laws that have started there and spread like a cancer across our