Spridgetstock IIa

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridgetstock IIa
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 18:08:20 EDT
Well, I finally found my desk after taking a couple of days off to, among
other things, visit the lovely oasis of Comfort, TX and the resident witch
and family. Soooo, I thought I'd relate the experience to the list.

You really have to be there to appreciate it, but the Jones compound, er...
ranch, is loacted in the Texas hill country, commonly known as heaven to the
rest of the world.

Due to an opressive boss and the distance involved, I arrived Saturday
afternoon and was greeted by Fisher, Elizabeth, daughter Becky, Brad Fornal
and family, and friend Mike.

They had all been sampling some north Texas concoction of wine, tequila, and
fruit juice, so in order to save their livers I brought a nice old single
malt scotch, and a bottle of butterscotch schnaps (two entirely different
kinds of scotch!).  I mentioned that the clerk at the liquer store suggested
mixing the schnaps with Baily's irsh creme...and of course Brad (the vampire
maker) instantly recognized the drink as a slippery nipple..renamed due to
the presence of small children "slippery whatsitz".

These were especially enjoyed by the hostess and I am sure contributed to the
sumptuous meal that soon covered the dining room table and sideboard.  For
the old listers I must say that the platters of delicicious foodstuffs
completely covered any evidence of spur scratches on the table.

Like the scenery, one has to sample Elizibeths cooking to believe it.

For LBC content, I loaded up an only slightly mangled bugeye bonnet in the PU
and looked over the chassis I had purchased..er tub, er project!  I came
complete with an original Les Leston steering wheel, although with somewhat
bent spokes and woodless rim.  The wheel looks like it took the place of the
missing airbag when the car was wrecked...if you know what I mean.

I had my two grandchildren with me, and they now know where eggs come from.
MY 6yr old granddaughter, Taylor, followed the chickens around for hours!

Like a true LBC lover, I roamed the property also, and fell in love with a
Morris Minor sedan, another project that seems to be begging for a hot Toyota
V6 and 5speed.  I also salivated over the MGAs, the TRs, and Minis..even the
Austins...

I understand there may be another gathering of the the deranged, er...British
car lovers later this year.  If you have any chance at all of making this, GO
FOR IT!  I think the PA bunch should caravan down, or rent a van...Frank any
chance of finding a London bus and having it running by fall?

Again, my thanks to the Jones family, Brad and family, Charlie R and all for
a great time.

Robert Houston...anybody know a good cure for chiggers????

..You really only need two tools.  WD40 and Duct tape.  Things that are
supposed to move and don't get WD40 and things that are not supposed to move
and do get Duct tape....