Questions about my '72 Midget

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Questions about my '72 Midget
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 20:42:16 -0400
Good evening folks:

I'm still getting used to the '72 Midget that I just acquired, and have a
few questions.

1.  The car has been desmogged, and also has an alloy valve cover without a
breather for the carbon cannister, which isn't there anyway.  Should I have
a vented oil filler cap?

2.  The carb breather going from the front float bowl is now open to the
air... it used to also go to the gulp valve/PCV I think.  Should I block it
up?  Is it venting fuel vapors?

3.  When I do my tune up, should the timing be altered to account for the
lack of the air injection pump?

4.  Are '72 cars supposed to have oil coolers, or were they just dealer
options?  Are oil coolers worth the money if my regular cooling system is in
good order?  In cooler weather, I'd rather have the engine oil heat up
faster.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget