Re: my pin's worn and the hole's too big

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my pin's worn and the hole's too big
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:40:12 EDT
Robert,

The problem with the photos is that you need a macro lens for close up work
and even decent SLR camera outfits don't come with one as standard.

The pedal sounds regular.

What I would do (will do with my spare set of pedals in due course).  Is weld
the clevis pin hole in the pedal completely up and then drill a new hole the
correct size.  Buy a new pedal pin and have a machinist turn up some brass (I
guess) bushes to match the correct tolerances for such an application,
bearing in mind he might want to ream the bushes in the pedal after
installation.

I would think seriously about a replacement pedal box or a high quality
repair.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 04/06/01 18:23:32 Pacific Daylight Time,