Re: LBC content

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC content
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:36:44 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/2001 12:23:51 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
froggi@cdsnet.net writes:

> Question:  Should I contact his wife with the intent to purchase
> some/all of his collection or would that be too cold?  My understanding
> is that he has a son, but he's not interested in LBC's.

Herb, tough call.  I made the mistake of contacting a widow too early once to
inquire about her husband's three wheeler Harley.  She was one of my high
school teachers and the question did not go over well.

On the other hand, someone will ask and someone will buy them.

I'd contact the funeral home to inquire about contacting the son, or check
county records to see if the will has been filed for probate.  The executor
of the estate is probably a lawyer or relative, or heaven forbid, both, and
would be the logical person to contact, as soon as possible.

Good luck.

Robert Houston