Re: Now "Stupid Miata drivers"

To: Tomsaudi200@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Now "Stupid Miata drivers"
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:58:04 EDT
Tomsaudi200@aol.com writes:

> This thread has taken some interesting issues to the table. What we think of
> Miata driver's and what they think of us, and the one's caught in the
> middle,

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh boy!  I'm gonna do it again!

Yesterday, another drive at lunch.  This time (75 degrees, bright and sunny)
it was a BMW M Roadster WITH THE TOP UP!!!   Windows wide open, so no air
conditioning.  I was going to try to ask him why, but we never stopped close
enough at a light.  My theory is that it is an electric top and he didn't
have an enlarged, hi-lited wiring diagram with him, so he could find the
button.  :-)

OK all you BMW owners, see if you can explain it.  The Boxter going the other
way had the top down, and strangely enough, most of the Chrysler Sebring
conv. I see have the tops down.  (Now there's a sporting 2 ton car with
inadequate brakes!  My ex has one!)

Sorry if this drives people off the list, but this is important stuff!

LBC comment, my Midget is going for inspection soon, then it moves to
temporary lodgings in Emmaus, PA, while I look for my dream
garage...er...house.  I let my Midget sit for a few months over the winter,
and it started right up with a quick squirt of starting fluid.  Ya gotta love
these cars!

One of our SCCA members has a garage for rent for $50/month, so I am taking
him up on the deal, even if it is a bit inconvenient.  The storage places
charge $50 for a 5'X5' bin.  This garage will have enough room for the Midget
and all my other garage junk and tools.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget