brooklands and such?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: brooklands and such?
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:39:16 -0000
i am not aware of the one's that were on ebay.  but at that price they must
have been originals from "the period" rather than modern copies?  i know
that vintage seed equiptment of any sort brings higher dollars than
reproductions do , even when current reproductions (in some cases) are of a
high standard in quality.   all sorts of things come to mind when discussing
some of the stuff i have seen over the last few years.  a lot of people
would love to posess a piece of "history" , from some famous race car or
from some famous person's collection of spares.  and in some cases restoring
a vintage car with some sort of history becomes a "at any cost effort" to
locate the few remaining "missing pieces".  the humourous side of all this
is there are quite a few uninformed enthusiasts out there who buy what ever
they come across with the belief that they have found the "only one" and are
unaware of the reproduction industry out there.  my neighbor collects 1930's
through 1960's vintage speed equiptment.  he has what i would believe to be
one of the largest private collections i have ever seen.  even some pieces
from once famous cars too.  it just amazes me at what he turns up just when
i thought i had seen it all!  i have a few bits and pieces of my own here
but nothing at all on the scale of my neighbor!
know your market before you buy anything!

chuck.
curator of the "chucksonian" a minor moment in time representing modern
man's existance on the north american continent.     lol!  this has become a
joke with some old friends ....in refrence to my collecting