Re: HVLP gun

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com
Subject: Re: HVLP gun
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:05:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 08:12:14 -0400 Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com writes:
> 4. People who have experience with this gun suggest using it for
> primer but not
> finish coats.  It doesn't have pattern adjustment

What I meant to say is that it doesn't have the same _quality_ of pattern
adjustment as a more expensive gun; although rereading my response to you
I can see why you thought that I meant doesn't have _any_ pattern
adjustment, which isn't correct.  I also said that it doesn't atomize the
paint as well as a more expensive gun.

For the benefit of the list, I told Tommy that I use a Finishline II from
Devillbiss for finish coats and the Harbor Freight cheapie for shooting
primer.  The Finishline II only costs about $150 and it is definitely
THAT much better than the $50 gun.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD