Healey Frogeye man knocks on my door

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey Frogeye man knocks on my door
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 19:43:07 -0400
Like the title says, a guy from England saw my Bugeye and A40 as he was
walking by with his mom (mum).
I was trying to finish dinner, the phone rings, I get another deal on
what will be #47 (a 73 Midget) this one is already painted but not yet
assembled.
While on the phone, the doorbell rings, Diane answers it as I was still
on the phone, dinner getting cold. She tells me to talk to the guy
outside, I will be interested. I meet Jerry (or Gerry) from the Isle of
Wright, he tells me he learned to drive in an A40 just like mine, he
also tells me he shook Donald Healey's hand and Geoff's hand when the
Healeys gave them permission to use their name on "The Healey Frogeye".
Yes, he was part of the Frogeye car company. He rambled on about the
Healey Frogeye, I told him I have seen one in person, he told me they
were now out of business, I told him I know. But he has parts!!! and
books, lots of books and some other "master catalog" from the BMC.
He is going to ship this stuff to me when he gets back. He said the
master catalog weighs quite a bit and is very large, it may not be able
to go via post. I wonder how big this book is?
He just happened by with his folks, his folks sister lives in my
neighborhood and his folks are looking to buy a "cottage" around here.
I offer Jerry to take the A40 for a spin, he declined. He did gaze
around the garage a bit and couldn't believe someone over here was into
the frogeyes this much. That is why he wants to give me all his parts
and books, he doesn't use them and is not into the cars anymore since
the company went bust.

Now is anybody interested in #47? My wife says I can not have it, but
maybe I can assemble it and sell it off. Or if some one wants a project,
all painted, 1275 that ran before the car was disassembled for paint,
but not yet reassembled, let me know. It's green, I have not seen it
yet, a friend has, the fenders are off but painted, there are seats,
I'll know more tomorrow. I can get the car for $1000 (I hope)
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ