Re: OK, my fuel pump isn't awful

To: <Tomsaudi200@aol.com>
Subject: Re: OK, my fuel pump isn't awful
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 19:16:12 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Good evening, Tom:

I almost ran out of gas with the '72 that I just bought.  When I picked it
up from the seller, about 130 miles away, I put about 5 or 6 gallons into
the tank, and drove off (thinking I had a full tank).  About 60 or 70 miles
away, I noticed that the gas guage had gotten to 3/8 full, and I figured
that I must be having a leak, or a major problem of some other sort.
Couldn'd find any leaks, but I was rather surprised that when Imade it to
the next service station, I managed to fit well more than the full capacity
of the tank into the tank, so I must have been just a few miles away from
being stranded.

Fortunately, the tank capacity is denoted in imperial gallons, but I didn't
remember that until after I inspected the boot, being convinced that there
was a major leak!

If we used the metric system, perhaps I would have run out much earlier.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'72 Midget