shocker bolts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: shocker bolts
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:04:34 -0400
Spridgeteers,

I had a _slight_ clunk feeling to my steering/suspension feel that I
noticed this weekend. Somewhere or other I'd just read a note that
damper bolts have a tendency to back out. Sure enough, all six of
mine were not up to spec (torque to 25-30 ft-lbs) although I knew a
year ago. None of them were loose, but none of them were at 25 lbs. A
quick session with the torque wrench and a bit of locktite (following
some thread chasing and general clean-up), and all was right with the
world.

When your steering and suspension is just right on a spridget, every
drive is a bit of heaven on earth.

Anyway, it's a simple thing that I found made a bigger difference
that what I would have expected.

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu