Re: Reinforcing body

To: BritishCarMan@aol.com
Subject: Re: Reinforcing body
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:36:22 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I welded a 1" wide x 1/8" thick flat steel bar across the top of the
door and to the A and B pillars.
Make sure the car is not already sagging due to rust, get it straight
before welding the doors.
Also, I put mine up on saw horses with a 4x4 running along the floor
near the rockers, this helps keep things straight too and it gets the
car up high enough to work on fairly easily.
Don't use those Homey D saw horse brackets, if you don't have any, whip
up a set out of some 2x4s, use a scrap of plywood for the side gussets,
it will hold a Sprite no problem.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ