Re: Welders

To: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Welders
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:19:29 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Dan Dwelley wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I need to get some oppinions and I know this IS the
> place to go to get them! :o)))
>
> I'm looking at Mig Welders and I would like to get
> some oppinions from the list. What are some good ones
> that don't cost an arm and a leg and will provide me
> with years of joyful welding. :o)
> I'm looking at the Hobart Handler 135 at the moment.

 Well, Dan, I ended up w/ a Miller 150.  That model is the smallest 220 volt
model in their line and I think it's the best, at least for me.  It is powerful
enough
to do heavier stuff like trailer hitches but can be dialed down for body panels.

I use straight CO2 instead of the CO2/Argon mix.  It is considerably cheaper
and lays down a flatter bead which is better for body work.  My welding
instructor told
me "Anyone can be a grinder--I'm trying to teach you to be a welder!"

That's my opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid for it!!

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 420