Welders

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welders
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:35:25 -0500
Hi,
Although you have already made your decision, I'd like to chime in.  I
get the diegest version so I'm late sometimes.  Anyway, Miller can't be
beat.  Ask someone who welds for a living.  I asked many people and
never heard a bad word about Miller.  I have a Miller 220V stick welder
that someone gave me.  I have a Lincoln mig, though.
A friend of mine runs a pretty busy body shop.  He had a little Century
mig welder that he used pretty hard for 8 years.  It broke down this
year.  We fixed it with a $30 relay and it's back in service.  While we
were waiting for the relay he bought a big Century mig.  The big one
works fine but the guy who does most of the welding prefers the little
one for body work.  My friend use both little and big Centurys on his
Sprite with good results from both.
Anyone thinking of buying a stick welder, get a 220V unit.  Stick
welding with 110V welders is VERY difficult.
My opinions.
Cheers,
Derf