Re: Stupid owner tricks

To: w.gilroy@verizon.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stupid owner tricks
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:09:41 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/01 9:15:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w.gilroy@verizon.net writes:

> I get to thinking and I remove the
> distributor cap and try to start the car.  The god @#$%@ rotor goes
> anti-clockwise, not clockwise.  The wires would have been correct if
> the rotor clockwise.  I reversed the 3-4 wires and
> the car started right up.  I now have a few other problems, but one
> thing at a time.  Now to replace the bolts holding the throttle shafts
> together.  The nuts are not really 5/16, 3/8 or even 11/32.  Seems
> closest to 8mm.

I think Bill should get an award for his honest admission of stupididity!
He could have blamed it on the DPO, claiming that he had the car running
pretty well, and then found that the DPO put the dizzy in backwards!  ;-)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport